Benefits of DNA Testing
- DNA profiling provides an owner with their dog’s unique DNA identity.
- DNA profiling establishes an accurate and reliable permanent record of any identity for any dog.
- It confirms that pedigrees are correct and guarantees puppy buyers that pedigrees are accurate.
- It can be used in cases of multiple sires and can determine and verify the sire in any litter.
- It can verify parentage when using a stud service thus eliminating the doubt, which surrounds unobserved stud services.
- It can verify and guarantee semen to be used for artificial insemination.
- It can put to rest any issues of breeding disputes over parentage.
- Hereditary disease tests allow for accurate diagnosis of disease status of your dog (clear, carrier or affected).
- Enjoy peace of mind and accurate results. Animal Network conduct all of our tests using the latest DNA technology in our purpose-built genetic testing laboratory.
DNA profiles are individual specific and allow for verification of a dog’s pedigree no matter how “line-bred” the pedigree. Through our ‘Genetic Management’ service, we are able to offer a program that;
- Confirms and/or establishes pedigree relationships
- Measures the level of genetic variation and inbreeding
- Identifies genetically distinct lineages within the population and establish which individual belongs to which lineage
- Model the change in genetic variation and inbreeding in future generations
- Make breeding recommendations will maintain low levels of inbreeding